Sunday, May 31, 2009

Paverpol


I finally got around to "stiffening" a few of my projects. I tried this awhile ago using spray starch, which just doesn't work at that well. My local craft store had one product - Paverpol - that is billed as:


The textile hardener and craft product par excellence - but also so much more than fabric-hardeners. Dip natural materials, such as textiles, in Paverpol. Drape or wrap the material around a wire figure, sculpting it to your desired shape and leave it to dry. Paverpol dries fast.

The package doesn't have instructions. The website doesn't provide additional information beyond that description above. So I dipped my bowl and vase in, draped them over a can and glass respectively, and waited.

Color, smell, and texture-wise, it's EXACTLY like Elmer's glue. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is Elmer's glue with a different name. And a $26.00 price tag. Both of my projects were white and very gloppy. 8 hours later, I scraped them off the can and glass. They were still white, damp, and sticky.

These photos were taken at the end of a full 24 hour period. I actually rinsed out the bowl to get most of the goop off. Not exactly a success.





0 comments: